HARRY OM

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Down memory lane.........(Part 2)

Moving on from the prev post.......

End of first year was followed by a long break....If I recollect correctly.....after a long time I did "Nothing" in this break....(imagine hadnt had a proper break for 3 yrs!!!)...Went out with friends..saw movies..ate..slept..etc etc....
Also went on a trip to Lonavla...was great fun, but for an incident that got etched in my memory(and probably everyone else's) forever.....We had gone to Bushi dam (in lonavla)....had a good time...on the way back, saw some gambling stalls.....one thing led to another........and we ended up losin 1300 bucks!!!.....
End of the day :- Imp lessons were learnt....."NEVER GAMBLE AGAIN....and if you do...."DONOT GAMBLE AWAY EVERYTHIN.....KEEP SOME CHANGE FOR THE AUTOFARE ;-)"

Enter sophomore....

The classes were now divided according to departments...Didnt know many in my new class..(apart frm Anish, Mi10)....Met Madhav (madman) for the second time (first, being on the first day of coll)...somehow we got along well.......and became good pals....later on gr8 pals....and later later on the best of pals.
Second year was probably the year I enjoyed most in college....probably cos I just had some really gruelling last 3 yrs...and also cos not many things occupied my mind (read CAT,GRE...blah blah).........Participated in fests...right from balloon figthing in Sophiya..to....representin Iran in a mock U.N. event at N.M
Also, due to Ash's stupididty of submitting an abstract of a paper that did not exist,......I found myself in a situation where we had to complete a paper, right from scratch, in less than 24 hrs !!! But we not only completed the paper....made the ppt ...reached the venue on time....decided who will say what.....presented it....and also got an applause from the audience.....;-)

Strangely second year had a lot of "firsts" for me....for the first time... I started joining coching classes for engineering (Madhav, all your fault)...for the first time...organised events....Techno..Space..were gr8 fun...for the first time... scored a distinction ..(all thanx to you Madhav, for convincing me to join those classes ;-))

Another highlight of second year was how I learnt to put maska on our profs..(all thx to Anish seth) so that they correct our assignments..give us better grades.and dont harass us much....I still remember running after Kallu everytime to get our assignments corrected...

And so this year too came to an end.......By the end of the year had a great new set of pals...Maddy...Netaji....Anish..Mi10..etc etc .....

Comin up....Part 3......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home