HARRY OM

Monday, March 14, 2005

What a waste........

Surprise!! surprise.....For the second time in my engineering life, we had a surprise class test today in Distributed Computing.....(da first one was in a subject called Theoretical Computer Science...by a certain female called Swati Kolekar)

For those who donot know abt class tests in our college, atleast in my class. Well it is nothing but a test of survival of the fittest, fastest and meanest......it is a test of who is smart enuff, chalu enuff and kamina enuff to copy, chapo and paste his way through......

Same was the case today.....surprise or no surprise.......everyone cracked the paper. Afterall the test was an "open-book" test (as, if it matters,, every test in the last 4 years have been open-book for me ;-))

As I am typing...I am surprised, that I dont feel guilty...that I dont feel bad talking about it..forget doing it....that I dont even regret it.

I wonder whether it is just a bad habit that would go away with time...or is it tht I have now stopped caring for what is right or wrong....or is it tht I blame the system for being "so wrong" that one cant help but cheat.........

Is it just ok to blame my college...to blame my teachers..(its another thing, that they are really bad...)? I guess not...

Yes it will take a special effort to rise up and make use of whatever is available...to ensure that the learning process is not compromised.... to ensure that you do not fall prey to the system

I guess, better late than never...

P.s: Not that I am goin to stop copyin though....have done it for last 3.5 yrs...might as well for the remaining 0.5 ;-)

1 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hari,
saale, there are some< me :-) > who dont always copy,....

us honourable ones suffer the ordeal and follow it up with poker faces during the term work massacre...
Well,actually, Dats coz we dint get to class early enuff to sit nxt to a gyaani ... and also coz i dont know how to write kahaani

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home