HARRY OM

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Down memory lane.........(Part 1)

As we (read spce'ites) all come to the end of yet another chapter in our lives...i.e. the culmination of our lives as students of engineering at S.P.C.E.....I think it is a wonderful opportunity to look back at the last 3-4 years........

(I shall be posting the entire series in 4 parts..)

IST YEAR

I set foot in S.P.C.E. on 13/9/2001 (two days aftr the 11/9)....It being the first day, I didnt expect much to happen...
Oh before I go on....Two days earlier I had come to college (dont rem for wht...)...where I met Madhav for the first time....a very inconsequential meeting......until I came across a person who started shouting at us for no apparent reason...he probably was upset cos we were standing in the middle of the passage...or some such thing......I asked Madhav who he was and just ignored him....
Cut back to 13/9....I am wandering around college with good old pal Bharat (Bj) (by old I mean..I kno him for arnd 7 years...not that he is old ;-))...asking some ppl (read seniors) as to whr our class is located....The ppl were so kind...they take us exactly to where the class was...only difference being it was their class, not ours......and rag the hell out of us... It was time now for the Principal's address....and surprise surprise.....the person in the previous paragraph turns out to be my principal....and if things wernt bad enough..I am sitting in the first row trying to hide my face, as he starts his sad speech.

Well, this was my introduction to SPCE. Was it a sign of things to come? Yes and no....Yes, cos the days, months and years that followed were as unpredictable, exciting and full of ups and downs...No, cos, unlike the first day, I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every moment, good or bad, and would cherish it for a long time to come.

The 1st year, went by, in a flash. Me and Bj were preparing for JEE....and hence cudnt experience much of college....Met a lot of new faces.....made some friends (read Ashrut (ash), Anish (seth), etc), some acquaintances...no enemies tho ;-)....Attended Freshies..Techno...missed out on SPACE...Got introduced to the meaning and usage of terms like 'Hagga','Sadma' 'Triple'......I still remember the great lunch times spent with Ash at either shettys, spjain mess or spce mess...(saala.....got me sick so many times....;-) ).
.....However the highlights of the first year were undoubtedly the profs....each one a character in himself/herself.....Right from Dumpu, Pk, Kapil Bhat and the likes to the poor Maths teachers whose lectures no one ever attended......heheheh

And so the year came to an end...JEE didnt go too well....and I thought I'd be stuck in a place I didnt want to be in.....little did I kno, that I wud be proved completely wrong, in the years to come.........

P.s:- Coming up....Down memory lane.... (part 2)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home