HARRY OM

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Segmentation Fault...Core dumped!!!!!!!

Once again, my apologies for not being regular with my posts. But the fact is during the last week I have hardly got anytime to spare. Its not because I have been really busy, which I have been, but I have had to commute to IIT everyday which has literally left me just enough time for my sleep.

Life @ IIT is nice. I just absolutely love this place. Most of the day I am by myself, all alone, but still I dont feel lonely. I guess after the JEE debacle this stint at IIT as a JRF (Junior Research Fellow) is my salvation. Hopefully I shall enjoy the entire period just like I have been doing so far. Fingers crossed...Please GOD...dont let any frustration set in!!!

Speaking of frustration, for some one who has used Windows all his life (umm ok not all life..last 3-4 years)..programming in Linux is a pain!!!!!!!!!! And thats why the title of this post... I had been struggling with this fault in my program for the last 3 days..

Anyways, thats all that has been happening!!! Shall update whenever I find time like today... Came onto Windows specially to blog (since n/w settings in linux not properly configured)... Better get back to Linux now ;-)

WINDOWS ROCKS!!!!

P.s: Dont get me wrong I am sure those who say Linux is far superior are right...jus that I dont know how to use it. Ignorance is bliss!!

Food for thought: Linus Torvald made Linux open (free) cos he knew no one would buy it.. heheh ;-)

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM , Blogger ravitheonlyone said...

Hi Harsh
We also faced the same Segm fault prob in IIT when we were doing our BE proj in IIT. We were frustrated to an extent that we finally took measurements on Linux platforms, dumped the results in text files, mailed them and then wrote C progs for Windows that used those mailed result files. Seirously,

WINDOWS ROCKS.

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger Harsh said...

;-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home